- Finish dissertation - I'm over half way there. My first essay is done and my second essay is well underway. I should finish that one within a month. The third essay should come quickly thereafter as I already have much of the ground work done. I want to have the rough drafts to the last two essays done and submitted to my chair, Dr. Byrd, by March 1.
- Find an academic position - I've made a valiant start by submitting applications to over 40 schools. There are however only a couple that I believe I have a good chance at landing a position - Eastern Illinois University and Towson University. I also have a strong potential at Texas A&M for a visiting position.
- Submit 6 articles for review - It will be hard but doable. I have my three dissertation essays and my at-large manuscript that should all be ready for submission with some work. I also have a couple ideas with my auction data from a year back. If I can complete all of these by December 31st, I'll be well on my way to tenure at most universities.
- Complete a thorough review of educational philosophies and sketch how to implement in the classroom - I've already started this through my blog articles here , here, and here. I plan on doing a bit more thorough of a review and writing up my results, most likely on my blog.
- Sign up and start the OAC program this coming fall
- Review, consolidate, and adjust financial investments at least once a month
- Register and start LLC - I have a number of business ideas I would like to implement, including restarting my consulting business, restarting my real estate business, starting an publishing business (by attracting eyeballs to a website/blog with content I can provide through my knowledge in IT), among others. I would like take advantage of the greater tax savings available through business enterprises.
- Save enough to purchase a home. This must be reached by July of this year in time for our move to where I land a job.
- Start training for a sprint distance triathlon
- Start taking each child out for a afternoon of one-on-one time at least once a month
- Take Brenda out on a date at least once a month
- Don’t miss a single birthday of family and friends