1.16.2010

GTD for professors

A year ago, I bought and read Getting Things Done by David Allen.  I've been trying to implement parts of it in my academic career.  Apparently, I'm not the only one.  [HT: Diana Hsieh]

The more parts I implement, the more productive I become.  The problem is my own consistently.  Still working on improving it so that I can get more done in less time.  I've really enjoyed my new smart phone (The DROID from Motorola), because now I can add tasks when I think of them rather than wait until I get back to a computer.  It helps to clear my mind of tasks once I write them down.   Even when I'm at the hospital, getting my knee stitched up (like last night).  Because Android is a Google product - Google tasks, Google calendar, Google email, and Google search are all built into the phone.  I use Google tasks and Google calendar extensively to organize my action items, projects, and appointments.   

Anyone in need of a bit of stress reduction and increased productivity, I would recommend Allen's book.

2 comments:

  1. I tried using my Blackberry to take down notes of things when on the go, but I love the NoteTaker Wallet from David Allen's website that I recently got. Every thought gets immediately captured now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For GTD on Android you are welcome to check out ActionComplete - an application based on the methodology of David Allen http://actioncomplete.com

    ReplyDelete