My three career goals:
- Improve productivity - Only 1 project currently, focusing on improving my writing skills, with associated activities. Because writing has a big impact on my research goal, its a great syntheses project.
- Research - 9 current projects (3 active) and consuming most of my time. In part, my overemphasis on this area is because I'm playing catch up. But I'm starting to get where I want to be... which is good.
- Instructional excellence - 3 projects - 1 dealing with my current class, 1 pushing me toward advanced skills, and 1 for class this fall.
- Home maintenance - There always seems to be something here and will probably stay that way as long as I live in a home.
- Financial independence - Long-term, I would like to achieve a state of passive income that allows me and my family to enjoy life without major financial limits. I have a couple projects in the works now (like selling our house) and some larger ideas that I may try to implement in a few years (like writing books or starting businesses).
- Build relationships - While my relationships are important for me, I don't currently have a project or many activities designed specifically for this. Generally, I treat this as an ongoing habit, so there is nothing big I want to accomplish at the moment. But I may want to brainstorm projects and activities that help facilitate relationship building, especially after we move.
- Health - Again, no current projects. I try to eat well and workout occasionally, but I have no major projects and only occasional activities marked in my to-do list. I've considered running in a 5k or training until I can break a 6:00 mile, but nothing definitive yet. I hope to add some emphasis back in this area after we move.
- Personal happiness - Basically, my everything else list. While all of my other goals bring me personal happiness, this tag is applied for any other project or activity that I enjoy. Our move to NC meets this category quite well.