2.09.2012

Another MIS major

A couple weeks ago I was snagged by the assistant dean while walking down the hall.  She wanted me to talk with a bright young student interested in the MIS degree.  So myself, the assistant dean, and the associate dean (all MIS faculty), spent 30 minutes answering the student's questions about MIS in general, our program, and job opportunities.  This week, I received the following note (hand written, no less) in my mailbox.

***********************************
Prof. Drake,
Thank you so much for taking time out of
your schedule on Friday to meet with me
about MIS.  The information you provided
was invaluable and thanks to you, I am
strongly considering changing my major to
MIS.

Thanks again,
[name withheld]
***********************************

Apparently, what we said had an impact.  Looks like we might have another MIS major starting next fall at ECU

No comments:

Post a Comment