5.24.2012

3 Keys to Picking a Career

All things being equal most of us want more money.  All things being equal most of us want a career that brings immense personal satisfaction.  What if those two things do not align?  What if the career that you would love to pursue makes it extremely difficult to make money.  Some common examples come to mind - teachers, artists, philosophers, and musicians.  They all can be fulfilling careers, if only they would pay more.  That's not to say that some of those jobs don't pay a lot in some instances, but for the majority of people who attempt them, the pay is miniscule.  What can be done about that?  What if you're one of the 50% of Americans that hate their jobs?

Read the rest of this post on Reason for Success.

4 comments:

  1. Steve D10:31 AM

    I suppose I find it hard to relate. I'm one of those people who knew that he wanted to be a scientist by the time he turned six. It was obvious; so I figure it should be obvious for everyone. I just wasn't able to figure out what type of scientist until college.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Steve, you are one of the fortunate ones. When I was a kid, I thought I wanted to be a scientist too. That interest carried me through my undergrad in Physics. But I started to realize that there are so many other passions that I could pursue, that I choose not to continue as a scientist. Although I'm still a researcher, now I want to understand how people interact with technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The next time I read a blog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as much as this one. I mean, I know it was my choice to read, but I actually thought you have something interesting to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you could fix if you werent too busy looking for attention. schlüsseldienst friedberg bayern

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally found great post here.I will get back here. I just added your blog to my bookmark sites. thanks.Quality posts is the crucial to invite the visitors to visit the web page, that's what this web page is providing. schlüsseldienst list

    ReplyDelete