- Started my semester teaching our department's capstone class and End-user computing
- Thomas and Tara started swim lessons
- I started a major change to my End-user computing course
- More of the same.
- We all got sick right before GLO kids event, so we missed it, unfortunately.
- This was our most boring month.
- Participated in the IT career fair at EMU
- Parent teacher conference for both Thomas and Tara
- Took a tour of Menlo Innovations
- Completed the departmental program review, started in 2009
- Started doing P90X workouts
- My Parent's visited
- Celebrated my youngest son's 1st birthday
- Hit on the concept of value-dense living
- Finals and semester end
- Participated in Writing Across the Curriculum Fellowship
- Submitted an article on business ethics
- Started Spring semester teaching 2 courses in programming in C# and in web development
- Participated in the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning conference where I hosted a workshop on blogging in the classroom
- Held a Garage sale. A lot of work for not much reward. Not sure we want to do that again.
- Hosted GLO Kids and had a blast.
- Painted our bedroom
- Stained our deck
- I painted 3 pictures for my wife's birthday present
- Worked on my pedagogical article on meaningful learning
- Parents visit again
- Celebrated my son's 5th birthday
- Vacation to OBX. Meet Rational Jenn and her family. Got to spend time with a good friend from high school, Dave Emigh, and his family.
- Semester started back up. I taught End-user computing and Systems Analysis and Design.
- Thomas started Kindergarten at his new school.
- Thomas started soccer
- Tara started dance
- Submitted and approved a design for a hybrid course for web development - half online and half in class instruction.
- Had lunch with Craig Lahti whom I hadn't seen since high school, but living near Detroit.
- Attended a conference in Atlanta for AIS student chapters
- Joined the AIS student chapter advisory board
- Saw the Greenfield Village Halloween special
- Had a 30 minute meeting with the CIO of Borders
- Submitted article on meaningful learning versus active learning
- Built my first piece of furniture - a magazine rack
- Had Craig Lahti and his family over for dinner.
- Visited family and friends in St. Louis for Thanksgiving.
- I attend an academic conference (DSI) in San Diego (although it wasn't as warm and pleasant as I had hoped for).
- Participated in an Academic Service Learning panel discussion.
- Received a revise and resubmit notice for both my pedagogical article and my ethics article - WooHoo!
- My parents visited for the 3rd time this year.
- Celebrated my daughter's 4th birthday.
- Had a wonderful Christmas with family and friends.